Monday, January 12, 2009

Trauma and Drama




So Aiden cut his lip on his bunk bed and managed to tear up the lip-to-gum connection thingy. Needless to say he was very upset and there was blood everywhere. He said he hit his mouth on the end of the bed. I think that he was pouting and fell asleep for just long enough to propel his mouth into the wood. Anyway, we took him into the bathroom and got him all cleaned up, put ice on his wound, and laid him back in bed. Sean, still up, was very interested to see the amount of blood and the cut. I told him to go back to bed but he just had to many "questions" to sleep. These questions included: I want to see some blood - can I see the cut? Sharks eat mups and fish (a mup is apparently a kind of fish)? Dogs eat dog food and drink water - they don't drink milk? Dolphins spray water on their heads? These questions cheered Aiden considerably and I could not help laughing myself. I was able to leave them both in good spirits. I am hoping they soon go to sleep - on their pillows in their beds - shortly.


Until next time,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment