I don't say much about Aiden and that is probably because I do not see him as much anymore. I can't volunteer in his class this year becuase of Gavin. So most of what happens at school is relayed by his teacher.
Aiden is nearing the completion of his second trimester of first grade. It is hard to believe that he will be starting second grade this July. He is doing really well - he gets along well with all his classmates and his teacher adores him. She is always telling me what a sweet, gentle smart kid he is - what can I say? He consistenly gets above 80% on his spelling tests and 100% on his math tests. (He did not get that gene from me!) He is throughly enjoying school. Rochelle is still his best girl-friend. They play together and apparently sit next to each other holding hands during story time. Mrs. Ellis assures me that she is not worried - they are clearly just good friends. If only we could all hold our best friends hand.
They did their New Year's resolutions when they went back to school in January. They were written on paper tee-shirts and are now hanging on a "clothesline" in the classroom. Most of the kids wrote things like - I will be nice to my sister/brother, I will listen to directions, I will listen to my teacher, and I will do my homework. Two of the kids were a little more inventive - I will love my parents and I will not drive a motorcycle. Those resolutions are right up my alley - very obtainable. Maybe I should decide not to go to space this year. :)
Aiden's resolution was simply:
I will be the best.
Wow. What drive. It is hard to believe this is the same kid who would let the toy that rolled away go and pick up something else just because the first toy was to hard to retrieve. I asked him what he wanted to be the best at and he said everything. Mrs. Ellis told him that was a great resolution because he was already good at so many things. Drat, why couldn't I think of that. Oh well at least somebody did.
I will scan a picture of the tee-shirt as soon as I can.
Until next time...
Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment