Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!


Well we are off to a friend's house to ring in the new year - the East coast new year. We won't be out late becuase I just don't have that kind of stamina anymore.


Our Christmas was very merry and full. Erik's parents joined us for Christmas Eve, Christine and John came over for Christmas dinner, and my parents came on Christmas day and left today. We enjoyed all the visits but I must say that I am enjoying the calm of today. The kids have been either napping, quietly watching the television, or playing with thier new toys. I think that they are enjoying the down time as well.

I have discovered that having kids has it ups and up very earlys. The boys discovered their stockings from Santa Claus at about 5 am on Christmas morning and came to share the discovery with us at about 5:30. See pictures below. They were very excited. Sean got a tube of plastic sharks, a puzzle, a train car, candy, and a leapster game. Aiden got Legos, a leapster game, science projects ideas, a puzzle, and candy. They also got a floor "air" hockey set to share. Gavin got a stocking too but he was neither up with the discovery team nor interested enough to care. Santa's stuff kept them busy and out of the presents until Grandma and Grandpa got here at 10 am. We opened gifts and the boys enjoyed everything they got although it does look like a toy store exploded in our play room. There were more legos, playmobil, clothes, a car set, books, and games. We had a great morning!





Until next time...
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment