Sunday, June 7, 2009

Conversations with Sean

Ever since Sean told the entire waiting room that one of our fellow patients looked like a monkey I've been trying to teach him what is and is not appropriate to say aloud. I have also learned not to look when he starts a sentence with "Hey look at that guy/girl/man ect.... ". What follows is a conversation on a crowded train...

" Hey mommy look at that man..."
"Seany - is this something you should say in your head?"
"But Mommy ..."
(in my most menacing voice - clearly it needs some work) "No buts. This is something we can talk about later in private."
"But Mommy..."
"Sean..."
"But mommy - that man is bald!!!"
"Sean! That is something you say in your head."
"I already said it in my head but my mouth wanted to say it too."

No comments:

Post a Comment